Why Couples Go To Couples Counselling?
The following are symptoms that may indicate a couple could benefit from attending therapy together;
- Unwarranted aggression to one partner or each other
- Feeling that trust has been broken
- Arguments are becoming more frequent
- A decrease in communication. Feeling ignored or dismissed
- A feeling that something feels wrong but not sure what or why
- There is something you want to tell your partner but you’ve been unable to tell them
- One or both partners have experienced a traumatic event and you feel it has impacted your relationship
- You feel stuck in bad or unhealthy patterns
- Emotional and/or physical intimacy has diminished
How Does Couples Counselling Work?
We offer a wide range of different therapeutic approaches, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Person Centred, Gestalt, Psychodynamic, and more. Our chosen approach will vary with each therapist and the needs of the couple. Sessions are 60 minutes and are generally weekly to begin with. Throughout sessions the couple and your therapist can review and discuss how you would like to move forward. You can attend our clinic for as long as you feel the need too and as agreed by your therapist. The fee per session for couples therapy is €80.
When you contact our clinic, your details will be taken; name, partners name, phone number, availability, etc and you will be contacted within 48 hours by your designated Counsellor/Psychotherapist with an appointment time. Depending on how available you are, the initial session is within 7 days of your first call to the clinic.
If you feel your concerns aren’t listed here please remember no distress is ever too small.